The 3 Decorating Divas made these yummy chocolate and vanilla cake pops last Thursday for our charity event anna’s journey to the cure. They were super fun to make and even more fun to eat! And believe it or not they are not to challenging to make!
We want to give a shout out to Sally Morse, Director of Creative Services at Hunter Douglas. She did an outstanding job giving her demonstration on the “10 Steps To A Perfect Room” (catch the highlights in future blogs).
We would also like to thank RSVP Cards, Invitations, Stationery for allowing us to use their cute store located next to JC Penny in Mokena, IL. Make sure you stop by and check them out! They offer a lot more than just cards and stationery.
So back to the cake pops. How to make them?
- Purchase a box of your favorite cake mix and make the cake as directed.
- Allow cake to cool completely and add your favorite type of frosting.
- Mix completely and roll into bags and chill.
- Next, melt some of your candy melts (whichever flavor you like). I only melt about 4 round disks. Dip your lollipop stick in the melted candy and insert into the balls of cake. Put in refrigerator for 10 minutes. This help the cake stay on the stick when you dip it into the candy melts.
- Next we melted more candy into an 8 oz glass (better coverage) and very gently dipped the cake pop into the candy. At this point you need to add your decorations so they harden with the coating.
- Chill them again for 10 minutes before bagging them. Put them in a round styrofoam disks to display them nicely.